With the new season upon us, Shubenacadie River Runners is now hiring! Join us for today and experience unique summer employment here in beautiful Maitland, Nova Scotia. Ride the highest tides in the world daily… and get paid handsomely to do it!
As a River Guide, you’ll be navigating a 16 foot Zodiac with a 60 hp outboard engine – while informing tourists of the history and geology of this amazing river system. You will also be responsible for the safety of customers. You will learn and perform basic maintenance of boats and engines. In the office, you will perform such duties as registering customers and keeping the work place clean and presentable.
Shubenacadie River Runners is the premiere Tidal Bore Rafting destination in Nova Scotia – and also a fun place to work! We provide clients from all over the world with an experience of a lifetime…. and we couldn’t do it without our fabulous employees. Our employees need to be energetic, motivated and willing to learn (and teach). If this sounds like you, please send us a recent resume.
About the Job:
- You will be expected to spend the summer at the River’s premiere Tidal Bore Rafting operation
- You will be surrounded by glorious nature and likely see wildlife daily
- You will feel the ‘roar of the bore’ and ride on it daily
- You will get wet… and possibly muddy
- You will deliver a world-class, safe and entertaining experience to customers
- You will work in a safe, supportive, honest and fun work environment
- You will not be sitting at a desk 9-5
- You will be working outdoors
- You will be an ambassador of our brand
- You must be 18 yrs + (by July 1st)
- You must be able to swim well
- You should have have basic first aid & CPR training
- You possess have good communication skills
- You understand the importance of being punctual
- You must have reliable transportation
- You must be a team player and be able to work under pressure
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “I want to be a RIVER RUNNER!”. Training and work starts soon. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-856-5061 or drop us an email.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Shubenacadie River Runners! Once we review your resume, we will confirm receipt of your email. You may be asked for a telephone interview followed by a face-to-face meeting.
See you on the river!!